Title: I Know You
Author: Teardrop69
Feedback: Teardrop69@msn.com
Disclaimer: Not mine, I just can't resist playing in someone else's sandbox.
Pairing: Jack/Norrington
Rating: PG
Beta: Webcrowmancer
Archiving: Let me know where it goes. :)
Warning: None, really.
Summary: It's not always a happy ending.


I Know You
by Teardrop69

* * *

First glance, nearly recognition. Eyes dark and wicked, almost fever bright with a hint of madness; the cleverness nearly as tempting as the unspoken lustful promises. Scars, brands, tattoos. Hair twisted, unkempt, smelling of smoke, salt, sweat. Unshaven, dirt rimes, stale sweat; the faint odor of a whore's perfume, barely there, but lingering upon clothing tattered, unwashed. Body lithe, lean muscles play under sun and dust-darkened skin. Taunting stance upon the dock.


I know you.

First confrontation, familiarity. Formal, rigid, correct. Green eyes, unspoken challenge; a dare, a promise, a question – a plea. A sneer upon those lips. So proper, yet not above trickery. Well-groomed, always in control of thoughts and emotions on the surface; but that slight tremble of a hand as it reaches out gives away wants and needs. No marks mar that skin, not scar, nor blemish, nor ink. The white wig, a pity. Scent of bayberry and lavender: new and old, and recent bathing. A body that might be straight out of an old poet's tales. Unswerving duty, here upon the dock.



I know you.

I will never be able to reconcile my needs for you. I need to best you. I need to have you. I despise what you are, I would see you hang. I want you.


I know you.

I won't change for you. I don't need to. I will take what I want, and consequences be damned. I loathe what you represent. I will not surrender. I want you.



I know you.

I've had you. The want is still there. I'm afraid it will never leave, and this makes me hate you all the more. You sail in, you tempt me, you torment me, you make me complete for a few brief moments. I drown in you. You leave. I hate you.


I know you.

I've had you. I would take you with me. I would challenge any and all. I would make you mine. I would own you. You are a siren's call, my downfall should I heed it. I hear your heartbeat, matching mine for a breath, maybe two, before it's lost to me. I am caged; I need to escape. I hate you.



I know you.

I want you. I hate you. It's been months since we've touched. I love you, and hate you because I do. For loving you, I hate myself.


I know you.

I want you. I hate you. I won't be back, because I love you. And you will only hate me more if it were ever said. And for that, for loving you, I hate myself.



* * *